Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 7
Route 7 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 7 is a frequent route that runs from Carleton U, through Old Ottawa South, the Glebe, Downtown, New Edinborough and Manor Park to St. Laurent Station. Early-morning service is provided between St. Laurent and the Rideau Centre only. Prior to the arrival of the New Flyer D40i in summer 2005, this route was a POP route operated by the New Flyer D60LF (and the Orion III prior to the New Flyer D60LF). This was apparently due to communities along the route disliking the "roar" of the DD S50EGR engine found in the New Flyer D60LFs, even though some report that the Cummins ISL in the New Flyer D40i ended up being louder.
April 7th, 1996
- Will have reduced early morning service.
September 2nd, 2001
- Route will be on detour to allow for construction along Library Road. Route will travel on Sunnyside, University and Campus to regular route.
June 23rd, 2002
- At the request of the University, the route will be removed from Library Road. Route will travel via Sunnyside, University and Campus to regular route.
June 27th, 2004
- 7X trips will be shortened to end at Britanny/Montreal.
September 5th, 2005
- At the request of the University, the route will be rerouted to travel in the opposite direction through the Campus via Sunnyside, Campus, then University Drive.
- New bus stops will be installed for convenient access to Campus destinations and the O-Train.
September 1st, 2013
- Busy trips/runs now being assigned articulated and Double Decker buses.
January 4th, 2015
- Improved weekend service for Vanier residents: on Saturdays, a new late night trip will leave Carleton University at 12:49 AM and on Sundays, a new early morning trip will leave St-Laurent Station at 5:40 AM.
September 2nd, 2018
- Route is slightly revised to travel via Queen and Elgin streets instead of Wellington to serve the new Parliament LRT station.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
|Attractions listed from west to east|