Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 64
Route 64 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 64 was an express route that operated from southern Kanata, through Downtown and ended at Hurdman station. Service operated Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM (AM peak) and 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PM peak). In the AM peak, there was no boarding allowed from Queensway Station to Westboro Station, after which regular fare was charged. Some AM trips were extended to end at Blair station.
April 25th, 2000
- Will get off the Queensway at Greenbank on request during morning rush hour, then continue their regular routing along the eastbound Queensway.
September 5th, 2004
- Will start in the morning and end in the afternoon on Hazeldean Road at Eagleson, instead of Hazeldean Mall. This was due to major budget cuts in the city’s operating budget.
September 6th, 2009
- Route is rerouted to serve the new Pinecrest and Bayshore Stations.
November 28th, 2009
- In order to allow buses to take advantage of the fastest route and provide customers with a more direct trip downtown, some morning trips will be rerouted. Instead of travelling via Bayshore and Pinecrest Stations, early morning trips will remain on Highway 417 to Queensway Station, while later morning trips will be unchanged.
April 17th, 2011
- No boarding from Queensway Station to Westboro Station is introduced.
September 4th, 2011
- Route is cancelled and replaced by revised Route 62.
- Express service will be removed from Hazeldean between Irwin and Castlefrank.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Hazeldean Mall
- Kanata Town Centre
- Ottawa U
- Rideau Centre