Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 63 'Briarbrook/Lincoln Fields & Mackenzie King'
Route 63 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 63 is a rapid route that runs from the Briarbrook area of Kanata North to Tunney's Pasture station. During peak period it will be extended to and from Gatineau.
December 25th, 2016
- Routes 60 and 93 are combined into new rapid Route 63 in preparations for the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.
February 2nd, 2017
- Route only allows passengers to get off between Queensway and Westoboro stations during eastbound trips that extend to either Mackenzie King or LeBreton.
December 24th, 2017
- Route now serves Moodie Station and travels to Bayshore Station via Transitway instead of Hwy 417.
March 25th, 2018
- Route no longer does a full loop around Innovation twice.
June 24th, 2018
- Route is extended to serve Tunney's Pasture at all times for better connections to the future O-Train Line 1.
October 6th, 2019
- Will be extended to Gatineau during peak-periods.
January 5th, 2020
- To Tunney's Pasture/Gatineau: 2 morning trips will be extended from Tunney's Pasture to Sacré-Coeur in Gatineau.
- To improve connections from Gatineau, four westbound trips will be extended to start at Sacré-Coeur at 3:13 PM, 3:43 PM, 4:43 PM, and 5:16 PM to provide 15 min. (approx.) afternoon-peak service from Gatineau.
May 3rd, 2020
- Line 2 train service at Bayview will be replaced with Line 2 Bus service in preparations for the launch of Stage 2 LRT in 2022.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bayshore Shopping Centre
- Bayview O-Train Station (peak)
- Kanata North
- Tunney's Pasture Federal Government Offices