Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 61 'St-Laurent/Terry Fox & Stittsville'
Route 61 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 61 is a major rapid transit route that travels from Stittsville to Tunney's Pasture via Kanata. Frequencies are as high as every 3 minutes during peak periods. Early-morning trips travel via Queensview and serve Pinecrest Garage (indicated with a x on schedules). Late-night trips extend to Rideau Station when Line 1 isn't operating.
April 23rd, 2016
- Route 96 was re-branded and renumbered to new rapid Route 61 in preparations for the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.
December 24th, 2017
- Route is rerouted to serve Moodie Station via the new Transitway.
October 6th, 2019
- Will end at Tunney's Pasture.
- Will be extended to Gatineau during peak-periods.
January 5th, 2020
- From Tunney's Pasture to Terry Fox: 5 more trips added at: 2:45 PM, 4:08 PM, 4:25 PM, 4:50 PM, and 5:20 PM.
May 3rd, 2020
- Line 2 train service at Bayview will be replaced with Line 2 Bus service in preparations for the launch of Stage 2 LRT in 2022.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bayshore Shopping Centre
- Goulburn Recreational Centre
- Kanata Centrum
- Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre
- Pinecrest Shopping Centre
- Tunney's Pasture government complex
- Westboro Village