Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 59
Route 59 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 59 was an express route that operated from Nepean North to downtown. Service operated Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM (AM peak) and 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PM peak). This route provided limited service along Carling Avenue. In the AM peak, Route 59 would run along the whole length of Carling and allow people to board, however in the PM peak, the route would not allow people to board between Carling/Connaught to Carling/Pinecrest to speed up service.
July 14th, 1996
- All trips will start and end at Hastings Loop. Service to Nortel Carling and Corkstown is removed.
- Alternative service is available with Routes 166, 169 and 182.
September 3rd, 1996
- In the morning, the express premium is not required by passengers boarding on Grandview or Hastings, providing they get off the bus before or at Lincoln Fields Station. This is due to the removal of peak period service on Route 166.
February 9th, 1997
- In the morning, the express premium will be required by passengers boarding on Grandview or Hastings, as peak period service on Route 166 has been reinstated.
April 6th, 1997
- All trips will serve Grandview and Hastings, so in the PM peak, all buses will sign Nepean North.
April 23rd, 2000
- Will start at Grandview and Borden instead of Hastings loop, but will continue to serve the full length of Grandview.
September 6th, 2009
- Route is cancelled and replaced by extra trips on Route 166 towards Bayshore where some trips continue after Bayshore station as Route 96.
- Route 169 will supplement service along Crystal Beach and Corkstown.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bayview O-Train station
- Lincoln Fields S.C.
- Nortel Carling
- Ottawa U
- Rideau Centre