Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 45
Route 45 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 45 was an express route that ran from North Gower, Manotick and Riverside South to Downtown. Service operated Monday to Friday from 6:00 to 9:00 (AM peak) and 3:00 to 6:00 (PM peak). Those who boarded within the "Rural Fare Zone" had to pay a rural express fare.
August 31st, 2003
- New express route replacing Route 296 in Manotick and peak period trips on Route 196 in Riverside South with direct express service to downtown.
- The route operates from Manotick Arena via Bridge Street, River Road and the Riverside South community to Greenboro Station and downtown.
- Service has been removed on Rideau Valley north of Maple and service between Long Island and Barnsdale Replaced by new Route 71.
- One trip serves Kars and North Gower, but with a slight rerouting via Fairway between Marina and Ashton.
- The Rural Express fare is charged for customers boarding or exiting outside the Urban Transit Area, while an Express fare is charged inside the UTA.
December 3rd, 2007
- Route is re-routed in the morning and afternoon between South Keys Station and the intersection of Albion and Lester.
- In the PM it will travel via Hunt Club, River Road and Limebank, in the AM it will travel via Hunt Club, Bridlepath, Albion and Leitrim to Limebank for a faster trip.
August 31st, 2008
- Route will be rerouted in the afternoon to follow the same pattern as the morning trips from South Keys Station via Hunt Club, Bridlepath, Albion and Leitrim to Limebank, instead of Hunt Club, River Road and Limebank.
May 4th, 2009
- Route is permanently re-routed in the morning and afternoon between South Keys Station and the intersection of Albion and Lester. On Albion, the route will travel along Lester, along the Airport Parkway, then its regular routing. *Service on Bridlepath is still available with Routes 40, 142 and 144.
September 6th, 2009
- Route is cancelled and replaced by new Route 99 between New Riverview Park and Ride and Greenboro with peak period trips extending to LeBreton station.
- Service on Shoreline and Canyon Walk is still available with Route 145, however customers seeking to head downtown will have to walk a few extra minutes to take Route 99 along Spratt.
- Service between Manotick and Riverview is replaced by new rural express Route 245.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- C.C. Billings Brigde S.C.