Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 40
Route 40 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 40 was a peak period route that ran from Blossom Park community to Downtown Ottawa & Downtown Gatineau. Service operated Monday to Friday from 6:00 to 9:00 (AM peak) and 15:00 to 18:00 (PM peak). Regular route 144 provides parallel all day local service in Blossom Park.
September 3rd, 1995
- Will operate from Conroy and Rosebella via Sixth, Athans, Bank, Queensdale, Albion and Bridlewood, then via the new Southeast Transitway to downtown. This effectively replaces Route 47.
August 29th, 1999
- Route is revised to run between Gloucester South and Hull via Portage Bridge to serve Terrasses de la Chaudière and Place du Portage.
- Service to LeBreton can be made with any route along Albert street except Routes 4, 27 and 85.
January 4th, 2000
- PM trips from will be at staggered intervals to improve service for customers
September 2nd, 2001
- PM trips will be extended to start at Maisonneuve/St-Laurent.
April 21st, 2002
- AM trips are extended from Gatineau to LeBreton Station to save some customers a transfer.
September 1st, 2002
- Route is extended to end at LeBreton Station in the AM
September 5th, 2004
- Some morning trips will be shortened to start at Athans and Bank, and some may be shortened to end at Les Terrasses de la Chaudiere instead of LeBreton.
September 6th, 2009
- Some trips on Route 40 were extended to begin/end at Albion and Lester.
- Route no longer serves LeBreton Station.
- Route is shortened to start at Place du Portage in the PM.
September 4th, 2011
- Will no longer operate on Lester and Davidson. The nearest service will be provided by Route 99 on Lester at Albion, Routes 40 and 144 on Queensdale, and Route 144 on Conroy.
April 22nd, 2013
- Double-decker trips are added to this route.
April 19th, 2015
- Will extend to LeBreton Station in the AM to save some customers a transfer.
December 20th, 2015
- Does not serve Lees Station.
- Morning trips to Gatineau end at Terrasses de la Chaudière and do not return to LeBreton.
April 24th, 2016
- No longer serves Lees or Campus Stations in either direction.
- Travels via Highway 417 and Nicholas Street between Laurier and Hurdman Stations.
December 25th, 2016
- Route is renumbered to Connexion Route 293 in preparations for the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Canadian War Museum
- Terrasses de la Chaudière
- Rideau Centre
- University of Ottawa
- Billings Bridge Shopping Centre
- South Keys Shopping Centre