Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 2 O-Train 'Trillium Line'
(This is a summary of Line 2 and its routing. For a full history of the Trillium Line (Line 2), see Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission O-Train 'Trillium Line')
Line 2 is a light-rail service in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and is part of the O-Train system. It consists of one 8km, north-south line running on a former Canadian Pacific railway line. The line is completely separated grade-separated, and during operating hours is not shared with other trains. The line has connections with the Transitway, the Confederation Line, and also serves Carleton University. Currently Line 2 is closed to allow for upgrades and the construction of additional Stations as part of Stage 2 LRT.
December 24th, 2017
- Renumbered from 750 to Line 2 in prepertion for the lauch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.
- Confederation Station will become Mooney’s Bay Station to avoid confusion with the Confederation Line.
August 28th, 2019
- Line 2's Bayview Station platform was moved about 150m north to connect to Line 1 service.
- Train C-5 was the first train at the new Bayview platform.
May 3rd, 2020
- Will be replaced by Route 2 until O-Train Line 2 upgrades are complete.
- Will only serve University Drive at Carleton University.
- Train C-6 was the last train to do a full run between Bayview and Greenboro.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Bayview Station
- Carling Station
- Carleton Station
- Confederation Station
- Greenboro Station