Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 28
Route 28 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 28 was an express route that ran from Blackburn Hamlet to Downtown. Service operated Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM (AM peak) and 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PM peak). Some AM trips are extended to end at Lincoln Fields station.
September 3rd, 2000
- Will be rerouted to bring service closer to more residents in Chapel Hill South.
- Buses travel from Pagé via Creek Crossing, Longleaf and Orleans Blvd. to Innes and the regular route.
- Buses do not operate on Silverbirch or Pagé north of Creek Crossing.
September 3rd, 2006
- Route is cancelled.
- Service in Chapel Hill South will be provided by revised Route 23, described above, which will operate at a frequency similar to the current Route 28.
- There will be no express service on Creek Crossing, but residents will be within walking distance of Route 23 on Orléans Blvd. and on Pagé.
- Service on Navan Road will be provided by Route 23 between Pagé and Orléans Blvd. and by Route 231. The morning pickup for both routes will be on the east side of Navan Road.
- In Blackburn Hamlet, Route 28 will be replaced along Innes Road by new Route 94.
- Service on Tauvette and Southpark will be provided by revised express Route 25 on the opposite side of the street and by Route 128.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Gloucester Centre
- Ottawa U
- Pineview Golf Course
- Rideau Centre
- St. Laurent Centre
- VIA train station