Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 24
Route 24 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 24 was a peak period route that operated from Beacon Hill (La Vérendrye & Oglvie) to Downtown. Service operated Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM (AM peak) and 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PM peak).
August 29th, 1999
- Route is now classified as a peak period route from an express route due to the eliination of the express fare for routes within the Greenbelt.
- Service between downtown and Hull is replaced by 8, 27, 40 and new peak period Route 180.
September 5th, 2004
- Will start in the morning and end in the afternoon on La Vérendrye Road at Ogilvie, instead of Beacon Hill Mall.
June 28th, 2015
- No service to Lees, Hurdman, Train or Cyrville Stations.
- No service at St-Laurent Station heading east in the afternoon.
December 20th, 2015
- Ends at Albert/Bay in the morning.
April 24th, 2016
- No longer serves Campus Station. Travels via Highway 417 and Nicholas Street between Laurier and east-end stations.
December 25th, 2016
- Route is renumbered to Connexion Route 224 in preparations for the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Beacon Hill S.C.
- Gloucester Centre
- Ottawa U
- Rideau Centre
- St. Laurent Centre
- VIA train station