Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 22
Route 22 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 22 was a peak period route that operated from Southern Orleans (Millennium P&R) to Downtown. This route operated Monday to Friday from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM (AM peak) and 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PM peak).
August 31st, 2003
- New express route to downtown from Innes via Trim Road, Springridge, Trim Park & Ride, Regional Road 174 and the Transitway.
- It provides new residential areas with fast, direct rush hour service.
- The routing and frequency have been expanded as new residential areas develop.
September 4th, 2005
- Route is revised to travel via Valin and Innes to serve new residential developments.
September 6th, 2009
- Route is rerouted to start/end at Millenium Park and Ride.
- Service from Provence is removed, however, route is still available on Valin which is a less than 5 minute walk away from Provence.
- Route is rerouted to travel via Valin and Varennes to replace a portion of cancelled Route 30.
November 28th, 2009
- AM trips no longer deviate to serve Place d'Orleans Park & Ride stop.
January 4th, 2010
- Will have some trips extended south along Trim and Montmere to Blackburn in order to bring service closer to residents in this new neighbourhood.
September 5th, 2010
- Two additional trips each in the morning and afternoon were extended to Montmere & Blackburn Bypass.
April 17th, 2011
- No boarding is allowed in AM peak from Blair Station to Train Station.
September 4th, 2011
- Route was shortened to end at Millennium Station.
- Service on Montmere is replaced by revised Route 30, which will operate more frequently.
September 1st, 2013
- Busy trips/runs now being assigned articulated and Double Decker buses.
June 28th, 2015
- No service to Lees, Hurdman, Train or Cyrville Stations.
- No service at St-Laurent Station heading east in the afternoon.
December 20th, 2015
- Ends at Albert/Bay in the morning.
- Does not serve Blair Station eastbound in the afternoon.
April 24th, 2016
- No longer serves Campus Station.
December 25th, 2016
- Classified as a peak period route from a green Express route.
- Express premium no longer required.
October 6th, 2019
- Will be replaced with new Route 39.
- Will end at Blair Station.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Gloucester Centre
- Ottawa U
- Place d'Orleans S.C.
- Rideau Centre
- St. Laurent Centre
- VIA train station