Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 18
Route 18 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 18 is frequent route that runs from the Rideau Centre, through Sandy Hill and Overbrook to St. Laurent Station.
April 19th, 1998
- Will serve Lincoln Heights Galleria Monday through Sunday in all time periods.
August 29th, 1999
- Evening and weekend service to Britannia will be reduced with some trips ending at Lincoln Fields Station.
September 3rd, 2000
- Some trips revised slightly to serve Croydon and Regina seven days a week with low floor fully accessible buses, replacing part of Route 356.
- Regular trips still travel via Richmond Road and Poulin to Britannia Park, but some trips travel via Croydon and Regina to Britannia Park, then return via the regular routing to Lincoln Fields. These special trips do not serve Cassels and Bradford.
September 2nd, 2001
- Will be removed from Coventry east of Belfast to simplify the routing and to improve service on Tremblay.
- Route 111 will continue to provide service along Coventry to St. Laurent six days a week until approximately 9:00 PM.
- Route will also have a new evening routing that will operate between Lincoln Fields Shopping Centre and Britannia via Richmond, Poulin, Howe, Britannia and Don.
September 4th, 2004
- Eastbound service through downtown will operate from Slater via Kent to Queen Street, instead of via Bay.
- No Sunday service before 9 AM and after 7 PM.
June 26th, 2005
- Service before 9 AM and after 7 PM on Sundays is reinstated.
September 6th, 2009
- Route was shortened to run between LeBreton Station and St. Laurent Station. Service west of Westboro Station and east of Carlingwood was replaced by Route 159 while service to Britannia is replaced by revised Route 16.
October 13th, 2009
- Service was extended along Albert to City Centre, bypassing LeBreton Station.
September 5th, 2010
- Will be extended west to Carlingwood, Monday to Friday, via Scott, Churchill, Richmond and Woodroffe. This extension will provide improved connections for west end residents to Carlingwood and downtown, and to rapid transit service at Westboro, Tunney's Pasture and Bayview Stations. This extension will replace Route 159.
September 4th, 2011
- Will be shortened through Overbrook to provide a more direct route and improve travel time for customers between St. Laurent Station and downtown. From Lola buses will operate via Donald, Quill and Queen Mary to North River Road and the regular route.
- Service will be removed from Queen Mary and Donald east of Lola, and from Prince Albert, Bernard and Frances, but customers will be within walking distance of service on Lola and St. Laurent Blvd.
- Route is shortened to end at the Rideau Centre. Service west of downtown will be replaced by Route 16 between downtown and Tunney’s Pasture via Queen and Scott Streets, by limited trips on Route 2 between Westboro Station and Carlingwood via Richmond Road and by Route 150 along Scott between Holland and Churchill.
- Route 4 will also provide additional service along Queen Street.
- Routes 85 and 87 will also provide connections to Carlingwood.
June 28th, 2015
- Routing was changed to travel on Coventry Road instead of Tremblay Road to avoid duplication of service with Routes 92 and 96.
June 24th, 2018
- Route is extended to serve Parliament station.
September 2nd, 2018
- Route is slightly revised to travel via Queen and Elgin streets instead of Wellington to serve the new Parliament LRT station.
- Will be revised to provide more direct connection to St-Laurent Station with its previous routing south of the Queensway, along Tremblay Road.
- Service on Donald will be replaced by Route 19.
December 3rd, 2018
- Westbound trips are revised to travel via Wellington and O'Connor to reduce congestion on Queen.
April 26th, 2020
- Will be revised to travel via Mackenzie King Station due to Rideau Street closing for a street renewal project.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Ottawa Stadium
- Overbrook Community Centre
- Rideau Centre
- St. Laurent Shopping Centre