Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 179
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Route 179 was a peak period route that travelled via the Transitway, Baseline, Richmond, Bells Corners, Moodie, and Timm to NRC Haanel.
June 23rd, 1989
- New peak period route that replaces route 158 and travels via Baseline, Richmond, Bells Corners, Moodie, and Timm to EMR Canmet (NRC Haanel).
July 14th, 1996
- Will be removed from KMart.
June 23rd, 1997
- Extended to Lincoln Fields Station instead of Baseline for better connections.
April 21st, 2002
- Will now serve Fitzgerald between Robertson and Moodie to better serve employment centres on Fitzgerald.
November 28th, 2009
- Route will be revised to travel via newly built Constellation Drive.
September 4th, 2011
- Route is cancelled and replaced by revised Route 97 along Fitzgerald and by new Route 180 from Timm to Haanel.
- Service between Baseline and Bells Corners is availible with Route 118 which runs idenitically to former Route 179.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Algonquin College
- NRC Hannel
- Lincoln Fields Station
- Queensway Carleton Hospital