Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 164
Route 164 is a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 164 is a local limited service route that serves the central and southern Kanata area. This route offers a special trip which runs from LeBreton to Kanata Business Park South in the AM, then the reverse in the PM. The special trips replicate cancelled route 167.
June 26th, 2005
- New accessible regular route that runs from Cadence Gate between Terry Fox Station.
September 3rd, 2006
- Will be extended in peak periods to provide improved service to Hope Side Road at Crownridge, replacing Route 169.
- Southbound afternoon buses to Hope Side Road will sign "164 Special".
September 2nd, 2007
- Will be extended in Bridlewood to operate in a one-way loop on Stonehaven, Grassy Plains and Bridgestone. It will provide an alternative to Route 161 and a direct connection to Transitway service at Eagleson Station.
- Route will be expanded to operate seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Peak period service on Route 164 to Hope Side Road will continue to operate.
- New service on Sundays will operate between 7:30 AM and 8 PM every 30 to 60 minutes.
August 31st, 2008
- Route is increased in frequency on weekday mornings and evenings for improved levels of service to this Kanata community.
February 7th, 2009
- Peak period trips that run to and from Hope Side will be renumbered as Route 184.
September 4th, 2011
- Revised in the late evening and on weekends to operate along Abbeyhill, Castlefrank, Sheldrake, Glamorgan and Rothesay, replacing Route 161. Service will not operate on Eagleson between Abbeyhill and Rothesay in these time periods.
- The current trips on Route 184 to and from Hope Side Road will operate as trips on Route 164.
April 22nd, 2012
- Route will leave Hope Side Road about seven minutes earlier on the first-morning weekday trip to improve connections at Hazeldean Mall, Eagleson Park & Ride and Teron Station.
April 19th, 2015
- Will be extended along Hope Side Road to Old Richmond Road during weekday rush hours.
June 28th, 2015
- Travels from Terry Fox Station to Hope Side Road.
- Replaced by Route 168 through Bridlewood.
- Replaced by Route 92 on Campeau Drive.
- Route now operates weekday peak-periods only.
September 6th, 2015
- Improved service to the Kanata South Business Park. A new trip from LeBreton Station to Eagleson/Stonehaven will be added in the morning.
- A new trip in the opposite direction will be added in the afternoon. (Basically, a trip that replicated cancelled Route 167).
December 24th, 2017
- Northbound routing modified to operate via Shatner Gate, Pickford, and Kakulu. No changes to southbound service.
April 21st, 2019
- Route is adjusted to operate in the Bridlewood community rather than on Hope Side Road.
- This removes the need for customers to cross Hope Side Road at unsignalized locations and increases service coverage in Bridlewood.
- Trips will operate via Hope Side, Crownridge, Meadowbreeze and Summergaze.
October 6th, 2019
- Route is shortened to end at Tunney's Pasture Station.
- Service between Tunney's Pasture and LeBreton (Newly renamed Pimisi Station) will be replaced by Line 1.
- Route 66 will also supplement service between Pimisi and Tunney's Pasture Stations
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Hazeldean Mall
- Kanata Centrum
- Mlacak Arena