Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 144 'Ottawa South & Hurdman/South Keys & Downtown'
Route 144 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 144 was a regular route that ran from Hurdman to Greenboro in southeast Ottawa. Route operated 7 days and extended to and from downtown during peak periods.
September 5th, 1995
- Will have a shorter routing and will end at the new Southeast Transitway at Greenboro Station. It will be supplemented with new Routes 143 and 145.
- Route will provide early morning trips, replacing Route 844.
- Service south of Billings Bridge Station will be replaced by an extension of Route 1, which will also end at Greenboro Station.
December 24th, 1995
- A 5:50 AM trip from Greenboro Station has been added.
April 7th, 1996
- Route will no longer operate southbound from St. Laurent to Elmvale during the early morning.
July 14th, 1996
- Will be rerouted to stay on Conroy to Walkley instead of St. Laurent. Service along St. Laurent is still available with Route 112.
August 31st, 1997
- Will be scheduled to provide evenly timed service through the community.
April 25th, 1999
- The 4:26 AM trip departing Elmvale is cancelled due to low ridership.
August 29th, 1999
- Route is combined with Route 42 to become revised Route 144.
- During peak periods the route will be extended to and from downtown.
- Route is extended from Elmvale to St. Laurent station.
- Route now travels from Conroy via St. Laurent instead of Walkley to replace Route 112.
June 24th, 2001
- New special supplementary service to JDS Uniphase which will operate during selected trips.
April 21st, 2002
- Supplementary service to JDS Uniphase will be cancelled due to plant closures.
September 1st, 2002
- For improved service in the community, Routes 144 and 145 will be cancelled and combined into new Route 84.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Greenboro statiom
- Hurdman station