Ottawa-Carleton Regional Transit Commission route 140
Route 140 was a bus route operated by OC Transpo in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Route 140 was a peak period route that ran through the Billings Bridge, Confederation Heights and Riverside park areas of Southeast Ottawa.
September 5th, 1995
- Will be removed from the Revelstoke area and Kaladar/ Brookfield. Buses will travel via Alta Vista and Kilborn to Billings Bridge.
- Service will increase to operate 7 days a week.
- New peak period Route 197 will replace service to and from Kaladar/Clover.
July 14th, 1996
- Will not operate west of Walkley Station after 9 PM Monday to Saturday and Sunday before 11 AM and after 6 PM.
April 6th, 1997
- Will end at 9:00 PM on Saturdays and at 6:00 PM on Sundays.
September 6th, 1998
- Sunday service reduced to operate on an hourly basis.
August 29th, 1999
- Route is combined with Route 44 to become revised Route 140.
- During peak periods the route will be extended to and from downtown.
- Route no longer serves Alta Vista, service is replaced by new Route 141.
January 4th, 2000
- During the weekday morning peak period, all trips travelling toward Billings Bridge will serve the Southmore/Fielding loop.
- During the weekday afternoon peak period, all trips travelling toward Walkley Station will serve the Southmore/Fielding loop.
- Four trips in the morning will be extended to start at Hurdman Station.
April 23rd, 2000
- All local trips that currently start at Billings Bridge in the afternoon peak period will be extended to start at Hurdman station. Passengers will have to catch their bus at stop 1A on the upper level of Billings Bridge station.
- No trips will serve stop 3B on the lower level during the afternoon peak period, Monday to Friday.
June 22nd, 2003
- The first and/or last trips have been cancelled due to low ridership.
September 4th, 2004
- Afternoon peak period trips will no longer serve downtown but will start at Hurdman Station instead of LeBreton. Morning peak trips will continue to serve downtown.
- Weekday trips that now start and end at Billings Bridge Station will be extended to Hurdman for improved connections.
- No Sunday service before 9 AM and after 7 PM.
June 26th, 2005
- Service before 9 AM and after 7 PM on Sundays is reinstated.
- Will serve Canada Post Roadway and Brookfield in the Southbound direction instead of Riverside between Heron and Brookfield.
June 25th, 2006
- Morning peak periods trips will end at Hurdman instead of LeBreton. Customers going downtown will be required to transfer at Hurdman Station where a high frequency of service is available.
September 2nd, 2007
- Will be extended from Walkley Station along the Transitway to South Keys for improved travel options.
September 4th, 2011
- Will be reduced to operate in peak periods only between the McCarthy, Southmore and Fielding loop to Hurdman Station where connections can be made to/from high-frequency service.
- The route will operate northbound in the morning and southbound in the afternoon.
- Buses will also be revised slightly to operate along the Canada Post roadway in both directions, instead of northbound on Riverside to Heron.
- Off-peak and weekend service will be cancelled and service east of McCarthy on Southmore, Thorndale, Walkley and the Transitway to Hunt Club will no longer operate.
- Alternative all-day service will be available on Route 146 on McCarthy and Walkley, while customers on Ridgewood, Springland, Flannery and Brookfield will have more frequent service provided by Route 87 with a direct connection to downtown and Tunney’s Pasture.
December 25th, 2016
- Route is renumbered to Connexion Route 290 in preparations for the launch of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018.
Previous route maps
Points of Interest/Popular Locations
- Billings Bridge Shopping Centre
- Canada Post HQ
- Confederation O-Train Station
- Ottawa Hospital - Riverside Campus