New flyer industries e40lfr
|Years of manufacture||2005 to 2013|
The New Flyer Industries E40LFR is a standard-length, low floor trolley bus that was available to the North American Market. The model was launched with TransLink. As of January 2014, this model is no longer in production and has been replaced by the XT40.
New Flyer worked with Vossloh Kiepe to integrate their electrical equipment into the bus. Equipment such as inverters and resistors are located on the roof ahead of the current collector. A traction motor, supplied by Škoda, and emergency power unit are located in the rear. Emergency power may be supplied by nickel-cadmium batteries, or in SEPTA's case, a Cummins 4.5 litre engine operating as a generator.
- Škoda Electric 19 ML 3550 K/4
- ACQ Pressure Preserved Plywood
- Altro Transfloor
- A/C not yet available
- MAN (front)
- Meritor (rear)
- Coast Mountain Bus Company - Metro Vancouver, BC
- Edmonton Transit System - Edmonton, AB (1 year trial 2007/2008; now ended. ETS Vehicle 6000, CMBC Vehicle 2242)
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) - Philadelphia, PA
|New Flyer Industries|