New Flyer Industries DE60LF
|New Flyer DE60LF|
|Years of manufacture||2002 to 2010|
The New Flyer Industries DE60LF is a hybrid version of the popular D60LF model by New Flyer Industries. Although New Flyer introduced its first diesel-electric hybrid bus in 1998, they did not start mass producing them until about 2001.
The first DE60LF, serial 24129, was launched in 2002 with King County Metro in Seattle, WA, USA. Coach 2599 was originally delivered with the Cummins ISL engine and later lengthened and converted to a Caterpillar C9 in 2004. However, KCM's subsequent DE60LF orders returned to the Cummins ISL engine.
For the 2008 and 2009 DE60LF order for King County Metro Transit the batteries were split between the rear foof section and the front roof section. This allowed for full roof HVAC on the rear section instead of just the front. All the equipment on the roof are contained in enclosures.
After the 2009 model year, New Flyer discontinued the LF series of buses with the traditional style front and rear ends. The DE60LF was replaced by the DE60LFR. Production for some existing orders of the DE60LF continued into 2010.
- Cummins ISL EPA 2007, 8.9L, 330 hp (2007-2009)
- Caterpillar C9 EPA 2004, 8.8L, 330 hp (2004-2007)
- Cummins ISL EPA 2004, 8.9L, 285 hp (2002-2004)
- ACQ Pressure Preserved Plywood subfloor
- Altro Transflor
- Thermo King roof mounted on tractor section, rear mounted on trailer section
- Thermo King roof mounted (one on each section, introduced 2008 with King County Metro Transit)
- ABQ RIDE - Albuquerque, NM
- Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago, IL
- King County Metro Transit - King County, WA
- Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART) - (Suburban) Detroit, MI
- Sound Transit - Snohomish, King & Pierce Counties, WA
- TheBus - Honolulu, HI
- Maryland Transit Administration - Baltimore, MD
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrators and engineering bues.
|Fleet number||Thumbnail||Year||VIN||Engine||Hybrid system||Notes|
|2002||2FYD2UM06TU016716||Cummins ISL||Allison EP50 System||Appears to be a former 1996 D60LF demo unit.|
|New Flyer Industries|