Neoplan USA Skyliner AN122/3
|Neoplan USA AN122/3|
|Years of manufacture||1982 to 2006|
The Neoplan USA Skyliner AN122/3 was a 40-foot double-deck highway coach sold in the United States. Before establishing their American arm, Neoplan had sold their Skyliner double deck model to the Southern California Rapid Transit District (SCRTD). Their first two buses were part of the Urban Mass Transportation's Double Deck Bus Demonstration conducted from 1974 to 1977. The SCRTD took delivery of a further 20 buses in 1981.
- Electrically welded, integral construction of stainless and mild steel
- Double sided, galvanized steel roof and sidewall panels attached to frame with spot welds or glue
- Front and rear caps are fiberglass
- Stainless steel wheel housings, stepwells, and engine area.
- up to 85 passengers
- Front: Neoplan Independent Front Suspension with Meritor axle hubs.
- Drive: ZF 130
- Trailing: Neoplan Independent Front Suspension with Meritor axle hubs.
- ZF disc brake with automatic slack adjusters
- Meritor Wabaco ABS system standard.
- Automatic Traction Control (ATC) optional.
- Three 160-gallon capacity behind front axle
- 12/24 volt system with two 8D or 4 group 31 batteries.
- 12 volt dual rectangular (sealed beam) headlights and marker lamps
- Rear HVAC unit and basebaord heaters
- Thermo-King driver's HVAC unit includes front windshield defroster.
- Accessible through a full size door as well as one right side and one left side luggage door
- Capacity of up to 120 cubic feet
- Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA) - Palmdale & Lancaster, CA
- Big Taxi Tours - New York, NY
- New York Shafa Tours - New York, NY