Neoplan USA AN440TLF
|Neoplan USA AN440TLF|
|Years of manufacture||1996 to 1999|
The Neoplan USA AN440TLF was a 40 foot fully low floor transit bus sold in the United States. The only known operator is Vail Transit who took delivery of their buses in 1996 and 1999. The AN440TLF remained on offer until Neoplan ceased operations in 2006.
The AN440TLF used an electrically welded, integral steel structure. Carbon steel was used for the majority with stainless steel used for areas such as the wheel housings, engine bay, and stepwells. The galvanized steel roof and body panels were either welded or adhered to the frame. The front and rear of the bus were moulded from fibreglass. The bus was fully low floor with seats on pedestals after the rear doors. The drivetrain is mounted in a V-Drive configuration powering a drop-centre rear axle.
- Detroit Diesel Series 40
- Detroit Diesel Series 50
- Detroit Diesel Series 50G (CNG)
- Cummins C8.3
- Cummins ISM
Available in rear or roof mount. Driver's unit included with front windshield defroster, incorporating a separate air ventilation system, which utilizes blowers and ram-air vent.
- Thermo King with Intelligaire controls
- 12/24 volt system with two to four heavy-duty batteries.
- Delco Remy 24 volt starter motor
- Allen Bradley or Dinex I/O Control Multiplexing Systems are optional.
- 12-volt dual (sealed beam) headlights and LED exterior lights.
- MAN solid beam
- Meritor FH-946 deep drop non-drive steerable axle
- Meritor RC-26-720 drop center rigid axle with 80° input drive
- ZF AV V9-65L-131
Meritor Wabaco ABS system standard with Automatic Traction Control (ATC) optional.
- Bendix "S" cam brakes with Haldex automatic slack adjusters and MGM brake chambers.
- ZF axles use ZF disc brakes
- Two-section curved to eliminate sun glare and reflection with upper portion tinted with sunguard
- Passenger windows:
- Tiltable upper transom and standard glazing (1/4" tempered safety glass)
- Sliding or solid pane (laminated safety glass or acrylic) and sacrificial panels optional
- Energy absorbing bumpers on front and rear
- Roof escape hatches
- Dry type chemical fire extinguisher
- Fire detection system
- Methane detection system for CNG
- Dual 70-gallon capacity each.
- Roof mounted tanks for CNG
- up to 40 passengers
Vail Transit - Vail, CO