Neoplan USA AN116/3 Cityliner
|Neoplan USA AN116/3|
|Neoplan USA - AN116/3|
|Years of manufacture||1987 to 2002|
|Length||40, 45 feet|
The Neoplan USA AN116/3 Cityliner was a 40-foot and or 45-foot luxury touring coach. It was a fully American-built adaptation of the German-built Neoplan N116/3 Cityliner. It was introduced in 1987.
The Cityliner was a high deck touring coach. Its integral steel structure was electrically welded. The majority of the frame was mild steel, with stainless steel used for the wheel housings, stepwells, and engine compartment. The double sided, galvanized steel roof and side panels were attached with spot welds or adhesives. The front and rear caps were moulded from fibreglass.
The coach had a characteristic large slanted upper portion of the windshield. The body was rounded towards the roof and the window pillars were angled forward. By 1996, the Cityliner in the United States adopted the updated lower front fascia, which included new headlight assemblies, introduced a few years earlier in Europe.
- up to 50 (40') or 57 (45') passengers
- Front: Neoplan Independent Front Suspension with Meritor axle hubs.
- Drive: Meritor 61100 Series drive axle
- Trailing: Neoplan Independent Front Suspension with Meritor axle hubs.
- Steerable trailing axle optional on 40', mandatory on 45'.
- Bendix "S" cam brakes with Haldex automatic slack adjusters and MGM brake chambers.
- Meritor Wabaco ABS system standard.
- Automatic Traction Control (ATC) optional.
- 40' - single 160-gallon capacity behind front axle
- 45' - single 200-gallon capacity
- 12/24 volt system with two 8D or 4 group 31 batteries.
- 12 volt dual rectangular (sealed beam) headlights and marker lamps
- Thermo-King TS-1 Split HVAC unit and basebaord heaters
- Thermo-King driver's HVAC unit includes front windshield defroster.
- Energy absorbing bumpers on rear
- Roof escape hatches
- Push-out type emergency exit windows
- Dry type chemical fire extinguisher
- Optional fire detection system
- Large pantograph, gas spring-assisted doors
- Capacity of up to 440 cubic feet
- Ergonomically designed driver area with clearly arranged angled dashboard and pneumatic adjustable steering column.
- Horizon Coach Lines - Vancouver, BC
- Capitol Entertainment Services - Washington, DC
- Dixon Meyers Trailways - Rochelle, IL
- Dongbu Tour & Travel - Palisades Park, NJ
- Polonez Tour Service - Brooklyn, NY
- Skyliner Travel & Tour Bus - Queens, NY
Demonstrator and engineering units
|1987||1N9HC13A6HL013530||Detroit Diesel 8V92TA||Allison|