Mississauga Transit route 101 'Dundas Express'
|Number of Branches||2|
|Buses used||New Flyer D60LFR, XD40, Orion VII|
Route 101 Dundas Express is a express MiWay route. Limited stop service is provided between South Common Centre and Islington Subway Station, travelling along Dundas Street in Mississauga and Etobicoke. During weekday peak periods, route 101A provides limited stop service along Dundas Street west of Erin Mills Parkway to Laird Road and Vega Drive. Previously, route also offered service along Dundas Street in Oakville. Both branches provide service to UTM in both directions.
- 101 Dundas Express - South Common Centre to Islington Subway Station via UTM (Monday-Saturday)
- 101A Dundas Express - Laird Road and Vega Drive to Islington Subway Station via UTM (Peak only, Monday-Friday)
As route 101 is a limited stop route, it does not service all stops along Dundas Street. The following is a current list of stops as of September 2, 2014.
- South Common Centre (101 branch only)
- South Millway/Fifth Line (101 branch only)
- Laird/Vega (101A branch only)
- Dundas Street/Winston Churchill Boulevard (101A branch only)
- Dundas Street/Woodchester Drive (101A branch only)
- Dundas Street/Erin Mills Parkway
- Dundas Street/Erindale Station Road
- Dundas Street/Wolfedale Road
- Dundas Street/Mavis Road
- Dundas Street/Confederation Parkway
- Dundas Street/Hurontario Street
- Dundas Street/Cawthra Road
- Dundas Street/Tomken Road
- Dundas Street/Dixie Road
- Dundas Street/Billingham Road
- Dundas Street/Aukland Road
- Islington Subway Station
- As of October 24, 2016
|Weekday AM Peak||10||14||
|Weekday PM Peak||10||15||
- October 24, 2016 - Saturday service was added and runs between 6am to midnight.
- March 24, 2014 - Route redesigned as part of Dundas corridor changes which include the cancellation of route 201. Route 101 now provides all day service between South Common Centre to Islington Subway Station via UTM. An additional peak only branch, 101A, is introduced and covers 101's prior routing between Laird/Vega to Islington Subway Station via UTM. Frequencies are improved to 10 minutes during peak and 14 minutes midday.
- December 3, 2012 - Stop added at Dundas Street and Confederation Parkway.
- May 16, 2011 - Service cut back to Laird Road and Vega Drive. Service along Dundas Street in Oakville to Uptown Core eliminated. Route renamed 101 'Dundas Express'.
- October 4, 2010 - Route assigned MiExpress buses as part of MiWay brand launch.
- January 25, 2010 - Stop added at Dundas Street and Woodchester Drive.
- October 19, 2009 - Service introduced as route 101 'Oakville Express' travelling between Uptown Core in Oakville and Islington Subway Station via UTM during peak hours at 20 minute frequency. Stops: Dundas/Postridge, Eighth Line, Prince Michael, Meadowridge, Vega, Winston Churchill, Erin Mills, UTM, Erindale Station Road, Wolfedale, Mavis, Hurontario, Cawthra, Tomken, Dixie, Billingham, and Aukland.
Signs effective June 1, 2015
|to South Common|
- 101AE DUNDAS EXP. ~ 101A TO SUBWAY ~ 101A VIA UTM
- 101AW DUNDAS EXP ~ 101A TO RIDGEWAY ~ 101A VIA UTM
- 101E DUNDAS EXP. ~ 101 TO SUBWAY ~ 101 VIA UTM
- 101W DUNDAS EXP ~ 101 ENDS AT UTM
- 101W DUNDAS EXP. ~ 101 TO SOUTH COMMON ~ 101 VIA UTM
- 101E OAKVILLE EXP ~ 101 TO SUBWAY ~ 101 VIA UTM (October 19, 2009-May 16, 2011)
- 101W OAKVILLE EXP ~ 101 TO TRAFALGAR ~ 101 VIA UTM (October 19. 2009-May 16, 2011)