MiWay route 9 'Rathburn-Thomas'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 9 Rathburn-Thomas is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 9 operates between City Centre Transit Terminal and the Churchill Meadows Community Centre Terminal. It also serves Streetsville GO Station during the rush hours only.
The route primarily serves Rathburn Road, Thomas Street, and Churchill Meadows Boulevard. It provides service to the City Centre, Creditview, Central Erin Mills, Streetsville and Churchill Meadows neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 9 Rathburn-Thomas (Monday to Sunday)
- September 6, 2005 - Route renamed to 9 'Rathburn-Millers Grove' from 9 'Streetsville'.
- October 22, 2007 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- September 2, 2012 - Sunday frequency increased to 30 minutes from 42 minutes.
- October 24, 2016 - Route renamed to 9 'Rathburn-Thomas' from 9 'Rathburn-Millers Grove'. Routing is revised to serve Thomas Street between Queen Street and Churchill Meadows Boulevard, with a on street loop using Churchill Meadows Boulevard, Eglinton Avenue, Ninth Line and Longford Drive. As a result of this change, route 41 is eliminated. Specific trips are deviated into Streetsville GO Station at train times. Previous route 9 service along Windwood Drive, Tours Road, Millers Grove and Battleford Road is replaced by route 10.
- October 25, 2021 - The western-end of the route is revised to operate both ways via Erin Centre Boulevard and terminate at the Churchill Meadows Community Centre Terminal.