MiWay route 8 'Cawthra'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 8 Cawthra is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
The route primarily serves Mineola Road, Cawthra Road, and Mississauga Valley Boulevard. It provides service to the Port Credit, Mineola, Mississauga Valley and City Centre neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 8 Cawthra (Monday to Saturday)
- January 26, 2004 - Routing in the City Centre are modified to use Elm Drive, Kariya Gate, City Centre Drive, and Duke of York.
- December 6, 2004 - Weekday late evening frequency reduced to 40 minutes from 30 minutes.
- September 6, 2005 - Route renamed to route 8 'Cawthra-Indian Road' from 8 'Cawthra-Lorne Park'.
- December 9, 2009 - Route modified to no longer operate in the Lorne Park area west of Port Credit GO Station, with service being replaced by the new route 14. Route 8 now operates between Port Credit GO Station and City Centre Transit Terminal. Minor changes to frequency and Saturday service is interlined with route 14 maintaining 60 minutes frequency.
- January 30, 2012 - Due to route 14 Saturday service being discontinued, route 8 is now interlined with routes 68 and 91 on Saturdays.
- September 3, 2012 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 17 minutes from 22 minutes.
- January 28, 2013 - Due to route 91 Saturday service being discontinued, route 8 interlines only with route 68 on Saturdays.
- October 29, 2018 - Routing in the City Centre area modified to use Burnhamthorpe Road and Living Arts Drive, no longer using City Centre Drive and Duke of York.
- October 28, 2019 - Saturday frequency increased to 45 minutes from 60 minutes. Route 8 no longer interlines with route 68 on Saturdays.
- June 28, 2021 - Weekday and Saturday service will no longer service the Mississauga Seniors Centre due to the closure of the facility.
- January 3, 2022 - Service to the Mississauga Seniors Centre resumes on weekdays only.
- June 27, 2022 - Due to construction at the Carmen Corbasson Community Centre, service to the Mississauga Seniors Centre will be removed with all service operating direct on Cawthra Road.