MiWay route 76 'City Centre-Subway'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 76 City Centre-Subway is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
The route primarily serves Burnhamthorpe Road east of Hurontario Street, supplementing route 26 service, and uses Highway 427 and Dundas Street in Etobicoke. It provides service to the City Centre, Mississauga Valleys and Applewood neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 76 City Centre-Subway (Monday to Friday)
- September 4, 2007 - Route 76 'Square One-Subway' is introduced supplementing route 26 service between City Centre Transit Terminal and Islington Subway Station. Service is provided during weekday rush hour periods with 13 minutes frequency. Route 206 is eliminated as a result.
- October 20, 2008 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- July 4, 2011 - Route renamed 76 'City Centre-Subway' from 76 'Square One-Subway'.
- April 11, 2016 - Weekday midday and evening service is introduced with 21 minutes frequency. Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 15 minutes from 13 minutes. Route interlines with route 26 at Islington Subway Station.
- September 5, 2016 - Weekday evening service is extended to operate until approximately 11:00pm with 28 minutes frequency.
- January 1, 2018 - Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 16 minutes from 15 minutes; weekday midday frequency reduced to 24 minutes from 21 minutes; weekday evening frequency is approximately 30 minutes. Route continues interlining with route 26 at Islington Subway Station.
- October 26, 2020 - Route no longer interlines with route 26.
- January 4, 2021 - Route revised to terminate at the new Kipling Bus Terminal, no longer serving Islington Subway Station.