MiWay route 66 'McLaughlin'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 66 McLaughlin is bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 66 operates between City Centre Transit Terminal and Sheridan College Davis Campus.
The route primarily serves McLaughlin Road. It provides service to the City Centre, Hurontario and Meadowvale Village neighborhoods of Mississauga, as well as the Heartland commercial area.
- 66 McLaughlin (Monday to Sunday)
- September 2, 2003 - Route 66 'McLaughlin' is introduced, providing service 7 days a week between City Centre Transit Terminal and Sheridan College Davis Campus, with the route travelling along Rathburn Road, Hurontario Street, Eglinton Avenue and McLaughlin Road. Weekday rush hour frequency is 25 minutes; weekday midday frequency is 33 minutes; Saturday and Sunday frequency is 35 minutes. As part of the changes, routes 67 and 68 are modified to no longer serve McLaughlin Road.
- April 1, 2008 - Reconstruction of the McLaughlin Road Bridge over Highway 401 by MTO results in long term detour using Cantay Road, Mavis Road, and Courtneypark Drive. The detour ended when the bridge reopened in late 2008.
- September 2, 2008 - Route 66 revised to use Rathburn Road and Confederation Parkway, no longer using Hurontario Street and Eglinton Avenue.
- January 26, 2009 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 19 minutes from 22 minutes; weekday midday frequency increased to 20 minutes from 27 minutes; Saturday and Sunday frequency increased to 30 minutes from 38 minutes.
- May 19, 2009 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 17 minutes from 19 minutes.
- October 19, 2009 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- December 6, 2010 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 15 minutes from 17 minutes.
- December 12, 2011 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 13 minutes from 15 minutes; weekday midday frequency increased to 16 minutes from 20 minutes.
- September 7, 2015 - Earlier and later trips are added on Sundays.
- September 5, 2016 - Saturday midday frequency between 11:00am and 6:00pm increased to 22 minutes from 30 minutes. Earlier and later trips are added on Sundays.
- January 2, 2017 - Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 10 minutes from 13 minutes; weekday midday frequency increased to 13 minutes from 16 minutes.