Miway route 53 'kennedy'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 53 Kennedy is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Onatrio, Canada.
Route 53 operates between Cooksville GO Station and Hurontario & 407 Park and Ride. It also serves Central Parkway Transitway Station.
The route primarily serves Mississauga Valley Boulevard, Central Parkway and Admiral Boulevard. It provides service to the Mississauga Valleys, Rathburn and Hurontario neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 53 Kennedy (Monday to Friday)
- December 12, 2011 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- September 3, 2012 - Weekday frequency is 22 minutes during rush hours and 35 minutes during midday and evening due to run time adjustments.
- November 17, 2014 -
- April 11, 2016 - South end routing revised to no longer serve City Centre Transit Terminal, continuing south on Central Parkway to Mississauga Valley Boulevard and looping using Fairview Road, Hurontario Street and Central Parkway. North end routing revised to provide service along Admiral Boulevard and dwards Boulevard to Hurontario & 407 Park and Ride.
- February 22, 2021 - Route is extended south to serve Cooksville GO Station via Hurontario Street and no longer loops via Mississauga Valley Road and Fairview Road East. Off-peak buses will no longer divert via Coopers Avenue, Rose Cherry Place and Matheson Boulevard to serve the Paramount Fine Foods Centre. All service will instead operate direct on Kennedy Road.