MiWay route 49 'McDowell'
|Number of Branches||2|
Route 49 McDowell is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Routes 49 and 49A provide coverage in the Churchill Meadows neighborhood of Mississauga, primarily serving McDowell Drive. Route 49 provides service to Erin Mills Town Centre via Winston Churchill Boulevard and Erin Centre Boulevard, while route 49A provides service to Streetsville GO Station via Thomas Street.
- 49 McDowell (Monday to Friday, midday and evening only)
- 49A McDowell-Streetsville GO (Monday to Friday, rush hours only)
- September 5, 2005 - Route renamed 49 'McDowell' from 49 'Churchill Meadows'. The weekday rush hour routing to Streetsville GO Station is designated as route 49A 'McDowell-Thomas'
- Prior to September 2, 2008 - Route travels via Erin Centre Boulevard, Glen Erin Drive, Thomas Street, Winston Churchill Boulevard, McDowell Drive and Ninth Line, looping via Deepwood Heights, Churchill Meadows Boulevard, and Tacc Drive.
- September 2, 2008 - Route changes in the Churchill Meadows area which include the introduction of route 41. Route 49 is modified to travel via Winston Churchill Boulevard between Erin Centre Boulevard and McDowell Drive, along McDowell Drive, and looping via Churchill Meadows Boulevard, Thomas Street, and Ninth Line. Route 49A is renamed 49A 'McDowell-Streetsville GO'.
- September 7, 2010 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- January 28, 2013 - Saturday and Sunday service is eliminated. Route now only operates Monday to Friday.