MiWay route 48 'Erin Mills'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
48 Erin Mills
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 48 Erin Mills is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 48 operates between South Common Centre Bus Terminal and Meadowvale Town Centre Bus Terminal. It also serves Erin Mills Transitway Station, Credit Valley Hospital and Erin Mills Town Centre.
The route primarily serves Erin Mills Parkway and Montevideo Road. It provides service to the Erin Mills, Central Erin Mills and Meadowvale neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 48 Erin Mills (Monday to Sunday)
- 48A Erin Mills
- 48B Erin Mills
- October 20, 2003 – Service south of Clarkson GO Station is eliminated, being replaced by new route 37. Routing along South Millway is eliminated with buses remaining on Erin Mills Parkway to Burnhamthorpe Road. Sunday service is cancelled, being replaced by modified route 13 Sunday service.
- December 8, 2003 – Route revised to use South Millway.
- September 4, 2007 – Route revised to operate between Meadowvale Town Centre and South Common Centre, no longer travelling to Clarkson GO Station. Sunday service is introduced, operating with 30-35 minutes frequency.
- January 26, 2009 – Weekday evening frequency after 10:00pm reduced to 30 minutes from 20 minutes.
- May 2015 - Route revised to no longer serve Credit Valley Hospital, remaining on Erin Mills Parkway.
- September 5, 2016 - Weekday late evening service after 12:00am is eliminated due to low ridership. Vehicle assignment changed to 30' buses from 40' buses.
- January 2, 2017 - Route revised to serve Erin Mills Transitway Station. Interlines with route 46 on weekdays.
- February 26, 2018 - Route revised to serve Credit Valley Hospital.
- March 26, 2018 - Southbound routing from Erin Mills Town Centre to Credit Valley Hospital revised to use Eglinton Avenue.