MiWay route 45 'Winston Churchill'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
45 Winston Churchill
|Number of Branches||2|
Route 45 Winston Churchill is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Routes 45 and 45A operate between Clarkson GO Station and Meadowvale Town Centre Bus Terminal. They also serve Winston Churchill Transitway Station.
Both routes primarily serve Winston Churchill Boulevard, providing north-south service across the city of Mississauga. Route 45 operates via Royal Windsor Drive to Clarkson GO Station, while route 45A provides additional coverage within the Sheridan Business Park area during weekday rush hour periods, operating via Speakman Drive and Southdown Road.
- 45 Winston Churchill (Monday to Sunday)
- 45A Winston Churchill-Speakman (Monday to Friday, rush hours only)
- October 20, 2003 – Route 45 is revised to provide all day service north of Meadowvale Town Centre to the Lisgar area, looping using Derry Road, Rosehurst Drive and Terragar Boulevard. Route 45A 'Winston Churchill' is introduced as a weekday rush hour service providing service in the Sheridan Business Park area, replacing route 29. Route 45A also replaces existing route 45 rush hour service north of Meadowvale Town Centre to Financial Drive. Weekday rush hour frequency is 15 minutes; weekday midday and evening frequency is 35 minutes; Saturday and Sunday frequency is 35-45 minutes.
- December 6, 2004 – Weekday evening frequency after 8:00pm reduced to 60 minutes from 35 minutes; Saturday frequency reduced to 60 minutes from 35 minutes; Sunday frequency reduced to 60 minutes from 45 minutes.
- September 6, 2005 – Route 45A is renamed 45A 'Winston Churchill-Financial' from 45A 'Winston Churchill'.
- 'March 24, 2008 – Sunday frequency increased to 45 minutes.
- January 26, 2009 – Routing in the Sheridan Business Park area revised to use Plymouth Drive, Bristol Circle and Winston Park Drive, no longer using North Service Road.
- September 6, 2011 - Route 45 and 45A are revised to terminate at Meadowvale Town Centre. Route 45 service to the Terragar Boulevard area is replavced by the new route 90. Route 45A is renamed 45A 'Winston Churchill-Speakman' and no longer services Financial Drive. Weekday rush hour frequency is 17 minutes; weekday midday frequency is 30 minutes; weekday evening frequency is 45 minutes; Saturday and Sunday frequency is 45 minutes.
- December 12, 2011 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- February 27, 2017 - Route revised to serve Winston Churchill Transitway Station in both directions. Weekday rush hour frequency increased to 15 minutes from 18 minutes; weekday midday frequency increased to 21 minutes from 30 minutes; weekday evening frequency increased to 31 minutes from 45 minutes; Saturday and Sunday frequency increased to 33 minutes from 45 minutes.