MiWay route 36 'Colonial Loop'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 36 Colonial Loop is a MiWay route. Counterclockwise service is provided 7 days a week to the area west of Erin Mills Parkway, south of Highway 403, and north of Dundas Street. It connects to important transfer locations such as the area of Laird Road and Vega Drive with several MiWay and Oakville Transit routes, as well as South Common Centre. During weekday peak periods, route 47 provides clockwise service within the same service area utilizing much of the route 36 routing.
- 36 Colonial Loop - Counterclockwise (Monday-Sunday)
- Current as of May 1, 2017
|Saturday All Day||20||2|
|Sunday All Day||38||1|
- September 5, 2016 - The summer service reduction to weekday peak frequency becomes permanent, with 20 minutes frequency.
- July 4, 2016 - Reduced weekday peak frequency to 20 minutes from previous 14 minutes as a result of summer service reductions. One bus removed from route.
- January 30, 2012 - Due to low ridership, Sunday frequency reduced to 38 minutes from previous 19 minutes. One bus removed from route.
- May 16, 2011 - Weekday midday frequency increased to every 20 minutes. One bus added to route.
- September 4, 2007 - Route becomes accessible.
- September 5, 2005 - Route renamed 36 'Colonial Loop'.
- October 20, 2003 - As part of changes to routes around South Common Centre, route 36 'Vega Loop' is introduced. Previously, route 26A provided service to the same service area as route 36. As a result of these changes, route 26A is modified to end at South Common Centre and the branch designation is dropped. Route 36 frequency is 17.5 minutes peak, 30 minutes midday and evening, 36 minutes Saturday, and 30 minutes Sunday.
As of June 2015, all MiWay destination sign programming was reconfigured to a two line format as shown below.
|TO SOUTH COMMON|
- 36 COLONIAL LOOP ~ 36 TO SOUTH COMMON
- 36 COLONIAL LOOP ~ 36 TO S. COMMON (No longer used)
- 36 COLONIAL ~ 36 TO SOUTH COMMON (No longer used)
- 36L COLONIAL ~ 36 TO SOUTH COMMON (No longer used)