MiWay route 36 'Colonial-Ridgeway'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 36 Colonial-Ridgeway is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
The route primarily serves The Collegeway, Ridgeway Drive and Colonial Drive. It provides service to the Erin Mills neighborhood of Mississauga.
- 36 Colonial-Ridgeway (Monday to Sunday)
- October 20, 2003 - Route 36 'Vega Loop' is introduced, providing service to the residential area west of South Common Centre, replacing existing route 26A service which is modified to end at South Common Centre. Service operates in counterclockwise loop format. Weekday rush hour frequency is 17.5 minutes; weekday midday and evening frequency is 30 minutes; Saturday frequency is 36 minutes; Sunday frequency is 30 minutes.
- September 5, 2005 - Route renamed 36 'Colonial Loop' from 36 'Vega Loop'.
- September 4, 2007 - Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- May 16, 2011 - Weekday midday frequency increased to 20 minutes.
- January 30, 2012 - Sunday frequency reduced to 38 minutes from 19 minutes.
- July 4, 2016 - Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 20 minutes from 14 minutes as a result of summer service reductions.
- September 5, 2016 - Summer service reduction to weekday peak frequency becomes permanent, with 20 minutes frequency.
- October 23, 2017 - Route renamed 36 'Colonial-Ridgeway' from 36 'Colonial Loop'. Route revised to operate as a 2-way service rather than a counterclockwise loop within the same service area, resulting in route 47 being eliminated. Route extended to serve Winston Churchill Transitway Station. Weekday rush hour, midday and evening frequency is 25 minutes; weekday late evening frequency is 35 minutes; Saturday frequency is 30 minutes; Sunday frequency is 42 minutes. Route interlines with route 29 on Saturdays and Sundays.
- February 26, 2018 - Route revised to no longer serve the Dundas Street/Vega Boulevard portion, remaining on Laird Road and Ridgeway Drive. Routing around South Common Centre is revised to no longer use Glen Erin Drive, instead continuing along The Collegeway.