MiWay route 31 'Folkway-Homelands'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Buses used||30', 40'|
Route 31 Folkway-Homelands was a MiWay route that operated from October 20, 2003 to May 9, 2016. Service was provided covering the Sheridan Homelands and Folkway Communities, connecting to Sheridan Centre and South Common Centre. Service was cancelled on May 9, 2016, with the Sheridan Homelands portion south of South Common being replaced by a modified route 29.
- May 9, 2016 - As part of MiWay Five service changes, route 31 is cancelled. Service to the Sheridan Homelands portion south of South Common Centre is covered by route 29, which is modified to adopt route 29B routing 7 days a week. Transit service along Folkway Drive north of South Common Centre is eliminated.
- April 27, 2015 - Saturday service is eliminated. Route 29B now operates on Saturdays and Sundays, providing service to the Sheridan Homelands portion. Route 31 becomes a Monday-Friday only route.
- January 30, 2012 - As part of system wide service cuts, Sunday service is eliminated. A new Sunday-only route, 29B, is introduced, providing service to the Sheridan Homelands community south of South Common Centre.
- October 20, 2008 - Route becomes accessible.
- September 5, 2005 - Renamed route 31 'Folkway-Homlenads'.
- October 20, 2003 - As part of major route changes, route 31 'Folkway-Sheridan' is introduced, providing service to the Sheridan Homelands and Folkway communities, connecting to South Common Centre and Sheridan Centre. Service is provided Monday-Sunday with 20 minutes weekday peak frequency, 30 minutes midday and evening, 30 minutes Saturday, and 60 minutes Sunday. Previously, routes 13 (Monday-Saturday) and 48 (Sunday) provided service on the Sheridan Homelands portion, while route 26B (Monday-Sunday) provided service on the Folkway portion. Route 31's routing was identical to these portions and allowed for routes 13 and 48 to be streamlined to remain on Erin Mills Parkway, while route 26B was modified to end at South Common Centre.
As of June 2015, all MiWay destination sign programming was reconfigured to a two line format as shown below.
|TO SHERIDAN CENTRE|
|TO SOUTH COMMON|
Prior to June 2015, MiWay destination sign programming was a one line format as shown below.
- 31N FOLKWAY ~ 31 TO SOUTH COMMON
- 31S FOLKWAY ~ 31 TO SHERIDAN CTR