MiWay route 29 'Park Royal-Homelands'
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 29 Park Royal-Homelands is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
The route primarily serves Bromsgrove Road, Truscott Drive and Homelands Drive. It provides service to the Clarkson, Park Royal and Sheridan Homelands neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 29 Park Royal-Homelands (Monday to Sunday)
- 29A Park Royal-Meadow Wood
- 29B Park Royal-Homelands
- May 20, 2008 - Route 29 'Park Royal' is introduced, providing local service covering the Park Royal area of Mississauga and replacing parts of route 13 service. Route operates between Clarkson GO Station and Erin Mills Town Centre. Service operates 7 days a week with 25 minutes weekday frequency and 32 minutes Saturday and Sunday frequency.
- December 7, 2009 - As part of route changes in the Clarkson area, route 29A 'Park Royal-Meadow Wood' is introduced, providing limited weekday rush hour service to the Meadow Wood community south of Clarkson GO Station, looping using Lakeshore Road, Meadow Wood, Bob-O-Link, Orr Road, and Southdown Road. Previously, this area had been served by route 37.
- January 30, 2012 - Route 29B 'Park Royal Homelands' is introduced, operating on Sundays only. Service is provided between Clarkson GO Station and South Common Centre, covering existing route 29 service south of Sheridan Centre and incorporating the Homelands portion of route 31. As a result, route 29 no longer serves Erin Mills Town Centre on Sundays and route 31 Sunday service is eliminated. The existing 32 minute Sunday frequency on route 29 is reduced to 49 minutes.
- April 27, 2015 - Due to low ridership, route 29A is cancelled. Saturday service is modified to only operate route 29B service, with the same service design as the existing Sunday service. As a result, route 29 no longer serves Erin Mills Town Centre on weekends and route 31 weekend service is cancelled, becoming a Monday to Friday route.
- May 9, 2016 - Renamed route 29 'Park Royal-Homelands'. Routing is modified to follow the existing Saturday and Sunday routing (29B) 7 days a week, and is extended to Erin Mills Transitway station. As a result, route 29 no longer serves Erin Mills Town Centre and route 31 service is cancelled.
- October 23, 2017 - Weekday frequency increased to 23 minutes from 27 minutes; Saturday frequency increased to 30 minutes from 33 minutes; Sunday frequency increased to 40 minutes from 49 minutes. Route interlines with 36 on Saturdays and Sundays.