MiWay route 26 'Burnhamthorpe'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 26 Burnhamthorpe is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 26 operates between South Common Centre Bus Terminal and Kipling Bus Terminal. It also serves Islington Subway Station (on street) and City Centre Transit Terminal (weekends only).
The route primarily serves the Burnhamthorpe Road corridor, providing east/east service across the city of Mississauga.
- 26 Burnhamthorpe (Monday to Sunday)
- 26A Burnhamthorpe-Ridgeway
- 26B Burnhamthorpe-Folkway
- October 20, 2003 – Route revised to operate with a single branch (route 26) between Islington Subway Station and South Common Centre. Service west of South Common Centre on routes 26A and 26B is eliminated. Route 26A service is replaced by the new route 36, and route 26B service is replaced by the new route 31. Service in the City Centre Area is revised to use Kariya Gate, City Centre Drive, Rathburn Road and Duke of York Boulevard in both directions.
- September 4, 2007 - Weekday frequency revised.
- October 22, 2007 – Route designated as accessible, with low floor buses used at all times.
- January 26, 2009 – Weekday evening frequency after 10:00pm reduced to 17 minutes from 15 minutes.
- November 17, 2014 - Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 15 minutes from 13 minutes.
- April 11, 2016 - Weekday routing revised to no longer serve City Centre Transit Terminal, remaining on Burnhamthorpe Road in the City Centre area. Weekend and holiday routing continues to serve CCTT. Weekday midday frequency reduced to 21 minutes from 15 minutes. Route interlined with route 76 during weekday rush hours and midday periods.
- September 5, 2016 - Weekday evening and late evening frequency reduced to 26-28 minutes from 17 minutes. Interlined with route 76 which has evening service added.
- January 1, 2018 - Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 16 minutes from 15 minutes; weekday midday frequency reduced to 24 minutes from 21 minutes. Route continues to interline with route 76 on weekdays.
- January 7, 2019 - Weekend routing in the City Centre area revised to use Living Arts Drive, no longer using Duke of York.
- January 4, 2021 - Route revised to terminate at the new Kipling Bus Terminal, still serving Islington Subway Station on street. Routing in Etobicoke revised to provide two way service along Burnhamthorpe Road, Cordova Avenue, Central Park Roadway, Islington Avenue, Bloor Street and Dundas Street to Kipling Bus Terminal. Route no longer uses Kipling Avenue in Etobicoke.
- April 26, 2021 - Eastbound routing towards Kipling Bus Terminal modified to operate via west on Bloor Street West and south on Kipling Avenue to route.