MiWay route 1 'Dundas'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Number of Branches||2|
|Buses used||40', 60'|
Route 1 Dundas is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 1 operates between Kipling Bus Terminal and Laird Road at Ridgeway Drive.
Route 1C operates between Kipling Bus Terminal and South Common Centre Bus Terminal. It also serves University of Toronto Mississauga Campus.
Both routes serves the Dundas Street corridor, providing east-west service across the City of Mississauga. Route 1C also provides service along The Collegeway between UTM and South Common Centre.
- 1 Dundas (Monday to Sunday)
- 1C Dundas (Monday to Sunday)
- 1A Dundas
- 1B Dundas
- September 2, 2003 - Route 1 service is reorganized, with route 1A renumbered to route 1 and route 1B service discontinued. Route 1C service is upgraded to operate Monday to Sunday with expanded service hours and modified routing in the west end to serve UTM in both directions. The west end routing is also changed to loop using The Collegeway, South Millway, South Common Centre, Burnhamthorpe Road, and Mississauga Road. The previous route 1C routing to South Common Centre via Dundas Street, Erin Mills Parkway, and South Millway is eliminated.
- December 12, 2011 - Saturday frequency between 11:00am to 7:00pm is increased to 13 minutes from 14.5 minutes.
- December 3, 2012 - Additional short trips are implemented on Saturdays between 12:00pm and 6:30pm to alleviate overcrowding, operating between Hurontario Street and Wharton Way.
- March 24, 2014 - Frequency reductions due to expansion of route 101 service. Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 10 minutes from 9 minutes; Weekday midday frequency reduced to 14 minutes from 11 minutes; Weekday late evening service reduced from 14 minutes to 25-28 minutes. Route 1C routing in the west end it modified to provide two-way service along The Collegeway between UTM and South Common Centre.
- February 27, 2017 - Frequency reductions due to expansion of route 101 service. Weekday rush hour frequency reduced to 14 minutes from 10 minutes; Weekday midday frequency reduced to 19 minutes from 14 minutes; Weekday evening frequency reduced to 19 minutes from 14 minutes.
- May 1, 2017 - The Saturday short trips operating between Hurontario Street and Wharton Way are discontinued.
- April 28, 2019 - 24 hour service is introduced, operating Monday to Friday with 30 minute frequency between 2:00am to 5:00am.
- January 4, 2021 - Route revised to terminate at the new Kipling Bus Terminal, no longer serving Islington Subway Station.