MiWay route 13 'Glen Erin'
Jump to navigation Jump to search
13 Glen Erin
|Number of Branches||1|
Route 13 Glen Erin is a bus route operated by MiWay in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Route 13 operates between Clarkson GO Station and Meadowvale Town Centre Bus Terminal. It also serves Sheridan Centre Bus Terminal, South Common Centre Bus Terminal and Erin Mills Town Centre Bus Terminal.
The route primarily serves Southdown Road and Glen Erin Drive, providing north/south service across the city of Mississauga. It provides service to the Clarkson, Sheridan, Erin Mills, Central Erin Mills and Meadowvale neighborhoods of Mississauga.
- 13 Glen Erin (Monday to Sunday)
- October 20, 2003 - As part of major service changes in the southwest area of Mississauga, route 13 routing is revised. Service to the Homelands area and on Glen Erin Drive south of the Collegeway is replaced by new route 31. Service south of Clarkson GO Station to the Inverhouse Drive area and the Meadow Wood/Bob-O-Link area is replaced by new route 37 and route 48. The deviation to serve Credit Valley Hospital via Credit Valley Boulevard and Erin Mills Parkway is eliminated. New Sunday service is introduced with modified routing providing service south of Clarkson GO Station to the Inverhouse Drive area as well as serving Credit Valley Hospital via Credit Valley Boulevard and Erin Mills Parkway. With the introduction of route 13 Sunday service, route 48 is cancelled on Sundays. Weekday rush hour frequency is 20 minutes; weekday midday frequency is 28 minutes; weekday evening frequency is 35 minutes; Saturday all day frequency is 40 minutes; Sunday all day frequency is 35 minutes.
- September 5, 2005 - Route renamed 13 'Glen Erin' from 13 'Clarkson'.
- Prior to September 4, 2007 - Route 13 ends at Clarkson GO Station and provides service to Truscott Drive and Bromsgrove Road Monday-Saturday only, with route 23 providing Sunday service in that area.
- September 4, 2007 - Route 13 is extended south of Clarkson GO Station along Southdown Road looping via Orr Road, Inverhouse Drive, and Lakeshore Road. The looping was previously served by route 48 which is shortened to end at South Common Centre. Also, route 13 begins serving Truscott Drive and Bromsgrove Road 7 days a week, replacing route 23 on Sunday.
- May 20, 2008 - Service south of Clarkson GO Station is eliminated, as well as service in the Park Royal area along Truscott Drive and Bromsgrove Road. Service in these areas is replaced by the new route 29.
- September 25, 2019 - Saturday midday frequency increased to 26 minutes from 33 minutes.