Metro Transit (Michigan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Area Served||Kalamazoo, MI|
|Founded||January 1, 1967|
|Number Of Routes||19|
- Established on January 1, 1967 after Kalamazoo City Lines suffered from increasing operating costs and decreasing ridership.
- 1 Westnedge - Hardings on Howard, Meijer on Westnedge, and Crossroads Mall
- 2 Portage - Bronson Methodist Hospital, Milwood Elementary, Heritage Hills Apartments, Milwood Apartments, Washington Elementary, Washington Square Apartments Portage Industrial Park and the Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Airport
- 3 West Michigan - Western Michigan University's main campus bus loop at Rood Hall, The Arboretum, Concord Apartments, The Pointe, Hardings on Drake, Westland Meadows, Village Apartments, West Main Mall, and Maple Hill Mall
- 4 Oakland - WMU east campus, Kalamazoo Mental Hospital, Parkview Hills Apartments, Evergreen South, Rosewood Complex, Parkview Hills, Springmont and Madison
- 5 East Main - East Main Street and Eastwood Plaza
- 6 Parchment - City of Parchment, Goodwill Industries on Pitcher, and Parchment High School
- 7 Alamo - Metro Transit offices, Felpausch Grocery Store, Fox Ridge Apartments, Northwind Apartments, Kalamazoo Central High and Hillside Middle School
- 8 Egleston - Kersten Court, Wings Stadium, Milwood Junior High, MRC, and Washington Square Apartments
- 9 Gull Road - Borgess Medical Center, New Horizon Village, Nazareth Center Complex, Meijer and Walmart on Gull Road
- 10 Comstock - Mayors' Riverfront Park, Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds, Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Department, Kalamazoo County Jail, Comstock Adult Ed, and Meijer on Gull Road
- 11 Stadium/KVCC - Kalamazoo Valley Community College (Oshtemo Township Campus), Western Michigan University, K-Mart and Evergreen South Apartments
- 12 Duke - YWCA, South Middle School, St. Monica's School, Hackett High School, Meijer on Westnedge, Candlewyck Apartments, Milham Park, Loy Norrix High School, and the Kalamazoo-Battle Creek International Airport
- 13 South Burdick - Bronson Hospital, Sky Rise Apartments, Pathways, MRC on Bank Street, the Family Independence Agency, Hilltop Apartments, Candlewyck Apartments, Meijer on Westnedge, and Goodwill Industries
- 14 West Main - Maple Hill Mall, Meijer on West Main, and Evergreen North Apartments
- 15 Paterson - Metro Transit office, Douglas Community Center, Interfaith Homes, Lincoln School, North Christian School, and the Northside Prep School
- 16 Lovell - Oak and Lovell, Western Michigan University's main campus bus loop at Rood Hall, Drake and West michigan and 58 west apartments
- 21 Solon-Kendall Lafayette - Western Michigan University's main campus bus loop at Rood Hall, Kendall Manor, Whitehall Apartments, the Landing Apartments Fraternity Village, Greenwood, and Knollwood Apartments
- 26 Centre West - Rosewood Complex, Anna's Vineyard, Milham Meadows, Crossroads Mall, Portage City Hall, and Borgess at Woodbridge Hills
- 27 East Romence - Portage City Hall, Centre and Portage, Centre and Sprinkle, Portage Industrial Park, Milham and Meredith and Crossroads Mall
- Address: 530 N. Rose St., Kalamazoo, MI 49007-3638
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 269-337-8446
- Phone: 269-337-8222
Kalamazoo Transportation Center
- Address: 459 N. Burdick St., Kalamazoo, MI 49007
|1005-1008||2008||Gillig||Low Floor 35'
|1009-1015||2009||Gillig||Low Floor 35'
|1016-1020||2011||Gillig||Low Floor HEV 35'
|1021-1023||2013||Gillig||Low Floor HEV 35'
|1024-1026||2014||Gillig||Low Floor HEV 35'
|1027-1029||2015||Gillig||Low Floor HEV 35'
|1030-1032||2017||Gillig||Low Floor 40'
|1033-1034||2018||Gillig||Low Floor 40'
|1035-1036||2019||Gillig||Low Floor 40'
|1037-1039||2019||Gillig||Low Floor 29'
|1055||2005||Gillig||Low Floor 40'
|Cummins ISL||Ex-The Rapid 269; purchased in 2017.|
|1056-1059||2006||Gillig||Low Floor 40'
|Cummins ISL||Allison B400R||Ex-The Rapid 271-272, 274-275; purchased in 2017.|
Buses with unknown fleet numbers
|1950||GMC||TDH-4509||Detroit Diesel 6-71||Allison VH||Ex-Evanston Bus Company 211-215; bought in 1971.|
|1952||GMC||TDH-4509||Detroit Diesel 6-71||Allison VH||Ex-Evanston Bus Company 216-220; bought in 1971.|
|8 units||1998||ElDorado National||E-Z Rider 30'||8 buses.|
|Detroit Diesel 6V92TA||