Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg Americana
|Years of manufacture||1984 to 1988|
|Width||96 or 102 inches|
The Maschinenfabrik Augsburg-Nürnberg Americana (model SL-40102) was a transit bus built from 1984 to 1988. The Americana was based on MAN's second generation transit bus design and adapted for use in the United States.
- Length: 40'
- Width: 102" (96" optional)
- Height: 120"
- Floor height: 30'
- MAN D2566 MLUH, 6-cyl, 11.4 litre
- Renk-Doromat 874B
- Front: V7-70-SL floating
- Rear: H07-10120 hub reduction rigid
- Bendix air
- Charlotte Area Transit System - Charlotte, NC
- Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago, IL
- Coach USA
- Grant Transit Authority - Grant County, WA
- King County Metro Transit - Seattle, WA
- Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County - Houston, TX
- Minneapolis-St. Paul Metro Transit - Minneapolis, MN
- New Orleans Regional Transit Authority - New Orleans, LA
- World Transportation - Orlando, FL