La Compagnie Électrique Lion
La Compagnie Électrique Lion (The Lion Electric Company in English) is a school bus manufacturer based in Saint-Jérôme, Quebec. The company was formed as Autobus Lion (Lion Bus in English) by Marc Bédard and Camile Chartrand who previously headed Corbeil Bus Corporation before it was purchased by the US Collins Bus Corporation in 2007. They established Autobus Lion in 2008 and began development of their product line which was in the prototype stage by early 2011. Soon after it's launch, Autobus Lion sold their first buses in the summer of 2011.
On June 21, 2017, Autobus Lion became La Compagnie Électrique Lion reflecting its transition to an all-electric vehicle manufacturer. The company announced that they are developing an electric type-A minibus that will be available during summer of 2018. They also announced the development of a truck line. A Class 8 electric truck will be launched in the Fall of 2018.
- 360° - diesel or CNG type-C school bus
- LionA - battery-electric mini school bus
- LionC - battery-electric type-C school bus
- LionM - battery-electric minibus
- Un fabricant d’autobus scolaires s’installe à Saint-Jérôme, lechodunord.canoe.ca, retrieved on 2011-06-21
- On June 21st, Lion Bus became The Lion Electric Co. 21 June 2017. Press release.