G. C. Kuhlman Car Company
The G. C. Kuhlman Car Company, also known as the Kuhlman Car Company was a leading American manufacturer of streetcars and interurbans in the early 20th century. The company was based in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Kuhlman Car Company was founded in 1892 by Gustav C. Kuhlman (c.1859-1915), his father and three other brothers. It was acquired by the J. G. Brill Company in 1904, but continued building under the Kuhlman name. It was reorganized in 1931 as J. G. Brill of Ohio, but ceased operations completely in 1932.
Before it closed, as the market for electric streetcars and interurban cars began to contract, Brill gave Kuhlman the additional task of building steel diners.
The company's main clients were railways in Ohio, Michigan, New York, and Illinois, as well as streetcar operating companies in Akron, Detroit, Cleveland and Montreal, Quebec.
- SE ST streetcar
- Peter Witt streetcar
- Semi-Convertible Car
- Montreal Street Railway Company - Montreal, PQ
- Akron Transportation Company - Akron, OH
- Anacostia and Potomac Railway - DC
- Anderson Traction Company - Anderson, SC
- Ashtabula Rapid Transit - Ashtabula, OH
- Auburn and Northern Railway - Auburn, NY
- Auburn and Syracuse Electric Railroad - Auburn, NY
- Aurora Elgin and Chicago Railway - Aurora, IL
- Boston Elevated Railway - Boston, MA
- Indiana Railroad - IN
- International Railway Company - Buffalo, NY
- Louisville Railway Company - Louisville, KY
- New York State Railways - Rochester/Syracuse, NY
- Northern Ohio Traction and Light
- Shaker Heights Rapid Transit - Cleveland, OH
This section is incomplete.
- Wikipedia, G. C. Kuhlman Car Company, accessed June 28, 2018