Kingston Transit route 3
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of Buses Used||D40LF/R XD40 LFS|
Kingston Transit route 3 is an accessible route operated by Kingston Transit in the city of Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Route 3 starts at the Downtown Transfer Point in the heart of Kingston. From there, it travels east to Ontario Street. It travels down Ontario Street until that street ends. From there it travels west along King Street West. It detours off King Street via Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard and Union Street to serve Queen's University West Campus, then returns to King Street until Portsmouth Avenue, when it then travels north to St. Lawrence College. From there it travels along local streets in the Polson Park neighbourhood to Bath Road, and then travels east along Bath Road to the Kingston Centre, its terminus.
The route runs from 6:15am to 10:45 Monday to Saturday, and from 8:45am to 7:45pm on Sundays. It has a 30 minute frequency on Monday-Saturday prior to about 7pm, at which point it drops to 60 minute frequency. It also runs at 60 minute frequency on Sundays.
The scheduled travel time is 30 minutes from end to end--15 minutes from Downtown to St. Lawrence College, and then 15 minutes from St. Lawrence College to the Kingston Centre.
- Downtown Transfer Point: Southeastern Terminus. Connection to routes 1, 2, 4, 12, 18, 501, 502, 601, 602, 701, 702.
- The Isabel/Tett Centres: Connection to routes 20, 501, 502.
- Queen's West Campus: Connection to routes 1, 2, 17, 18, 20.
- St. Lawrence College: Connection to routes 1, 2, 6, 18.
- Kingston Centre: Northwestern Terminus. Connection to routes 2, 4, 11, 16, 501, 502, 701, 702.
|Local||1 2 3 4 6 7 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 18 20|
|Express||501 502 601 602 701 702 801 802|
|Local||1A 4A 6R 8 9 12A 19 20 21 22 A B C|
|Terminals||Bus Terminal - Cataraqui Centre - Downtown - Gardiners Centre - Kingston Centre - Train Station|