Kingston Transit route 15
|Number of Branches||1|
|Types of Buses Used||D40LF/R XD40 LFS|
Route 15 is an accessible local/feeder route operated by Kingston Transit in the city of Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Route 15 has a complex routing, mainly making use of Cedarwood Drive, Midland Avenue, Bayridge Drive, Taylor-Kidd Boulevard, Hudson Drive, Development Drive, Bath Road, and Glen Castle Road. It connects the communities of Reddendale and Cataraqui Woods to the main network.
This route serves the Cataraqui Centre, Bayridge Centre, Gardiners Centre, and the Centre 70 Park & Ride. This route makes extensive use of local streets in order to serve as many residents possible.
This route has 1 branch:
- 15 - Reddendale/Cataraqui Woods via Gardiner's Centre and Cataraqui Centre
Route 15 was originally known as route B and initially, did not serve the Cataraqui Woods community (service was provided by route 1 at that time). This extension would come in 2012, replacing route 1 service through the area.
As part of the September 2013 service changes, route B was renumbered to route 15.
Route 15's routing through the Cataraqui Woods community was modified in September 2016. Upon arrival at Cataraqui Centre from Reddendale, buses now make one clockwise trip through the community, then another counter-clockwise trip, before heading back to Cataraqui Centre and Reddendale.
Sunday hours of operation for route 15 were extended to the equivalent of Saturday service in September 2017. The route's frequencies remain the same, however.
In response to growing ridership (mainly from high schools along its route), cutaway vehicles were discontinued from this route in early 2018, displaced by additional 40ft buses.
- Tivoli Avenue/Midland Avenue: Northern Terminus.
- Cataraqui Centre: Connection to routes 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14, 501, 502, 701, 702.
- Old Colony Road/Bayridge Drive: Connection to routes 6, 10, 501, 502.
- Bayridge Drive/Taylor-Kidd Boulevard: Connection to routes 6, 10, 501, 502.
- Hudson Drive/Bayridge Drive: Connection to routes 501, 502.
- Gardiners Centre: Connection to routes 6, 11, 701, 702.
- Acadia Drive/Bayridge Drive: Connection to routes 501, 502.
- Glen Castle Road/Henderson Boulevard: Connection to routes 501, 502.
- Centre 70 Park and Ride: Southern Terminus. Connection to routes 6, 501, 502.
|Local||1 2 3 4 6 7 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 18 20|
|Express||501 502 601 602 701 702 801 802|
|Local||1A 4A 6R 8 9 12A 19 20 21 22 A B C|
|Terminals||Bus Terminal - Cataraqui Centre - Downtown - Gardiners Centre - Kingston Centre - Train Station|