How to upload an image to the wiki
This is a tutorial on how to upload an image to the CPTDB wiki.
First some guidelines about images:
- The size should be between 640x480 to 1024x768
- You need permission of the owner to post image(s) if they are not your own. This needs to be indicated in the summary part.
- File sizes for images should ideally be no greater than 200-300kb (301-500kb images are still acceptable, 500+ resize them or reduce the quality)
Now on the steps involved to upload
1. On the left side of the screen is the navigation bar. In the navigation section, click on Upload Images (the one circled in red in the image below)
2A) You will be taken to the Upload file screen shown below.
- Black circle - Click on browse to locate the file on your computer. Find your file and click OK. The file name of the image will appear in the Source filename: and a thumbnail preview of the image will appear to the right of it.
- Red circle - System/operator name and fleet number with the next unused suffix (if -a is already used, then use -b ,-c, -d, etc.) is required at a minimum. This doesn't have to be the same as the source name. The summary section can be used to give more details about the image or its owner.
- Blue circle - If there is already an image with the same name or the same suffix (-a in this case) this error will show. Name it instead with the next unused letter suffix down (i.e. -b ,-c, -d, etc...)
- Green circle - click on Upload file to upload the image.
3. In a few seconds you will be taken to that image's page (shown below). Your image has now been uploaded.
Inserting images on pages
To insert the image in a page:
- Go to the page you want to insert the image and the place you want to insert it on the page.
- Click the edit tab at the top of the page
- Click the picture icon on the editing bar at the top of the edit box
- will appear
- Replace Example.jpg with the correct file name of the image (i.e. )
- To create a thumbnail, add |128px (i.e. )
- Click Save page button at the bottom.