Hamilton Street Railway route 52A 'Dundas Local'
|Number of Branches||1|
|Distance||5.1km (York Road and Watsons Lane Loop - Orchard Avenue and Pleasant Avenue)|
|Types of vehicles used||Vicinity CNG, D40LF, Xcelsior|
52A Dundas Local is a bus route operated by the Hamilton Street Railway in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
52A Dundas Local is a low-ridership peak period bus route that travels through Dundas, Ontario that started in 1989.
- 1989 - New service begins starting from University Plaza and serving the Pleasant Valley community.
- 1994 - Service moved to York Road and Watson's Lane Loop
- 1999 - A Ford E350 ELF minibus, number 9151, was dispatched for a new service known as Trans-Link. The service was cut short after two years.
- 2002 - This route became fully accessible, using the Ford E450 ELF CNG buses, numbered 510261-510264.
- September 2006 - A PM School Extra departing from Westdale Secondary School was attached to the PM route key, 52-2. The Extra would do a trip on Main Street West from Westdale Secondary School to Orchard at Pleasant. The destination sign would display 52A DUNDAS LOCAL ~ TO ORCHARD & PLEASANT when it began at the school instead of SCHOOL EXTRA.
- *5201 52A DUNDAS LOCAL ~ TO YORK AND WATSON'S
- *5202 52A DUNDAS LOCAL ~ TO ORCHARD & PLEASANT
This route has 1 branch:
- 52A Watson's Lane Loop - Orchard at Pleasant
Branch 52A, from Orchard Avenue and Pleasant Avenue, operated north on Turnbull Road/Old Ancaster Road, east on Governors Road, west on Main Street and north on York Road, looping around the Watson's Lane Loop at York Road and Olympic Drive. The return trip would do the exact routing until it reached Pleasant Avenue, then it would head south on Pleasant to Orchard Avenue.
|Current||70-71, 0520, 0601-0602, 0610-0615, 0701-0722, 0801-0822, 0901-0917, 920-937, 1001-1015, 1101-1117, 1201-1224, 1420-1437, 1501-1524, 1601-1643, 1701-1719, 1801-1811, 1820-1830, 1840-1844, 1845-1850|
|Current||410601-410615, 410616-410656, 410657-410676|
|Regular Routes||1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 16 18 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 34 35 41 42 43 44 55 56 58|
|Peak Period Routes||12 52A|
|Seasonal Routes||9 51 99|
|Former Routes||15 17 28 31 32 45 53 57 59 Mohawk East Shuttle Redeemer University Shuttle|
|Extra Shuttles||Red Hill Business Park Shuttle|
|School Extras||St Thomas More, St Jean de Brebeuf, Bishop Ryan Catholic Secondary, Cardinal Newman Catholic Secondary, Ecole Secondaire Georges-P-Vanier, Westdale High School|
|Greater Golden Horseshoe Agencies|