Grey Goose Bus Lines
John Smith of Sperling, Manitoba started a bus line in 1924 that operated between Carman and Winnipeg. The line was later purchased by Wilfred Brown and Joseph "Buster" Brown becoming Brown Brothers Bus Line. The Brown Brothers continued to operate until 1927 when a partnership of Gary M. Lewis and Elmer Clay purchased the company. They expanded service westward, reaching Deloraine and Melita in the 1930s.
Grey Goose Bus Lines Limited was formally incorporated on January 27, 1934. The company continued to expand by acquiring other services throughout the Province of Manitoba. In 1961 the entire operation was sold to Abraham J. Thiessen, owner of Thiessen Bus Lines'.
Grey Goose Bus Lines expansion continued under Thiessen with the purchase in 1962 of Red River Motor Coach Lines, bus manufacturer Western Flyer Coach in 1963, International Transit of Port Arthur, Ontario in 1965, Manitoba Motor Transit in 1969, Southern Bus Lines in 1978 and Sonnichsen Transportation in 1986.
In 1992 Grey Goose Bus Lines became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laidlaw International, Inc. which integrated its Manitoba/N.W. Ontario operations with Greyhound Canada. In 2007, FirstGroup plc of the United Kingdom, acquired Laidlaw International, Inc.
On July 9, 2018, Greyhound Canada announced that they will be ending service in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and northern Ontario. The cancellation is scheduled to occur on October 31, 2018.
Units with unknown fleet numbers
|1946||WA&TBW||4 units; unknown fleet numbers and model|
|1951||Western Flyer||T-32||1 unit; unknown fleet number.|
|1960||Western Flyer||Canuck P-41||1 unit; unknown fleet number.|