This article is about a short-line freight railway. Not to confused with Freightliner Custom Chassis.
Freightliner is a multi-national freight hauling railway company.
Freightliner Group is a rail freight and logistics company, formed in the United Kingdom in 1995, and now having expanded into Australia, The Netherlands and Poland.
Freightliner Limited is the largest inter modal freight transport operator in the United Kingdom. Freightliner Group is also the second largest freight operating company in the United Kingdom by revenue, behind DB Cargo UK.
Freightliner Group is a subsidiary of Genesee & Wyoming, an American short line railroad holding company, that owns or maintains an interest in 120 railroads throughout five countries, the United States, Canada, Australia, Belgium, Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
- 1995: Freightliner Group formed.
- 2008: Freightliner Group was purchased by Railinvest Holding Company Limited, a subsidiary of Arcapita Bank of Bahrain.(June)
- 2009: Services commenced in Australia.(June)
- 2015: Services sold by Arcapita Bank to Genesee & Wyoming. Under the deal, Genesee & Wyoming purchased a 95% shareholding which will increase to 100% by 2020.
- 2018: Freightliner unveiled its new brand identity during an event at the NEC Birmingham, bringing the brand in line with parent company Genesee & Wyoming.
Freightliner Group subsidiaries
Freightliner Group has the following subsidiaries:
- Freightliner Ltd.
- Freightliner Heavy Haul
- Freightliner Maintenance
- Freightliner Poland and Germany
- ERS Railways
- Freightliner Australia
- Freightliner Middle East
This section is incomplete.