Flxible FD Models
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Flxible FD Models|
|Years of manufacture||1961 to 1968|
|Length||31, 33, 35 & 40 feet|
- F = manufactured by Flxible (this dates back to when Flxible purchased the Twin Coach's transit bus line).
- D = diesel engine.
- 47 = Detroit Diesel 4-71, 6V = Detroit Diesel 6V-71 engine, 6V5 = 6V-71 engine and built in Evergreen, AL, 6VT = 6V-71 engine with a T-drive transmission, or V8C = Cummins 165-285 engine.
- -31 = 31-foot, -33 = 33-foot, -35 = 35-foot, or -40 = 40-foot.
- 1 = transversely mounted engine.
- -1 = transit bus or -7 = suburban bus.
- -UL = under-floor luggage bays
- -AC = air conditioning
- Centre Area Transportation Authority - State College, PA
- Chicago Transit Authority - Chicago, IL
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority - NY
- Miami Valley Regional Transit Authority - Dayton, OH
- Ohio State University Campus Area Bus Service - OH
- Rochester Transit Corporation - Rochester, NY
Demonstrator and engineering units
Below is a list of known demonstrator and engineering buses.
|51351||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||
|51942||Detroit Diesel 6V71N||