Edmonton Transit System 6003-6004
Originally built as series hybrids, they were withdrawn from service in 2009 after reliability issues with their hybrid systems. Both units were returned to New Flyer, where they were converted to diesel-only buses. They returned to service with ETS in April 2011.
|Cummins ISL EPA 2010||Allison B400R5||37 - American Seating Metropolitan||Luminator Horizon|
- These two buses were part of ETS's test fleet, which also includes units 6000, 6001-6002, and 6005-6006.
- Originally equipped with Cummins ISB engine and ISE ThunderVolt TB40-HD series hybrid system with NiMH batteries.
- These buses were the last from the test fleet to be put into revenue service.
- Hybrid buses were generally run on route 1/4, 8, 106, and on route 5 during February 10 - March 1, 2008.
- Both buses were removed from service and parked in the Paterson compound in August 2009.
- In August 2010, both buses were spotted at the New Flyer facility in Winnipeg.
- In April 2011, these buses were spotted back in Edmonton. They have been converted to diesel-only and have a rooftop HVAC unit (same ones as found on the D60LFs) with a restyled non-ribbed rear cap.
|Fleet Number||Thumbnail||Date||VIN||License Plate||Garage||Status/Disposal||Notes|