Detroit Department of Transportation route 23 'Hamilton/John R'
|Communities Served||Detroit, Highland Park, Ferndale|
|Route Type||Neighborhood Route|
|Days of Operation||Daily|
|Vehicles Used||Gillig Low Floor, New Flyer Industries D40LF, New Flyer Industries XD40, New Flyer Industries XDE40|
|Average Daily Weekday Ridership (2014)||2,417|
23 Hamilton/John R is a bus route operated by the Detroit Department of Transportation in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
This route primarily services 3rd Street between Temple Street and Clairmount Street, Hamilton Avenue between Clairmount Street and McNichols Road and John R. Street between McNichols Road and 8 Mile Road.
- September 19666 - Route given the number 41.
- July 1, 1974 - Service carried on by DDOT.
- June 1975 - Route renumbered to 23.
- 1982 - Sunday service to Northland Center is introduced.
- June 1994 - Service along 7 Mile Road west of James Couzens Drive is eliminated in favor of a full-time westward extension of route 45 Seven Mile.
- September 2, 2017 - Service along Pontchartrain Boulevard and 7 Mile Road is discontinued following the closure of the Northland Center Hub, with the route rerouted to use John R. Street between McNichols Road and 8 Mile Road, and service introduced to the Meijer store on 8 Mile Road. As a result, this route was renamed to 23 Hamilton/John R. This route is also reassigned to the Shoemaker Terminal.
Last updated: September 2, 2017
|Frequency||Buses Used||First bus||Last bus||Notes|
- 23 HAMILTON/JOHN R ~ 23 to DOWNTOWN (first line)/ROSA PARKS TC (second line)
- 23 HAMILTON/JOHN R ~ 23 to 8 MILE